Created and performed by Rob Jansen
Adapted from the screenplay by James Agee
Directed by Joseph Megel
December 3-19, 2015
This one-man show tracks the journey of Charlie Chaplin’s beloved “Tramp” character as the lone survivor of a super-atomic blast, and like Chaplin’s classic films it finds humor and humanity in the unlikeliest of situations. Through multidisciplinary theatrical elements – projections, physical comedy, music, and silent film — Rob Jansen brings this lost and untold cinematic tale to life.
Meet the artist at the reception following the Friday December 4 opening night performance.
Produced by Manbites Dog Theater in association with Rob Jansen
Manbites Dog Theater’s 2015-2016 season is supported by the Durham Arts Council’s Annual Arts Fund, and the North Carolina Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources; and by season support from the Duke University Department of Theater Studies.
• Thur-Sun Dec 3-6
• Thur-Sun Dec 10-13
• Wed-Sat Dec 16-19
Shows are at 8:15 except:
• Sun Dec 6 at 2:00
• Sun Dec 13 at 7:30 (Theater Insider Night*)
Buy Tickets Online beginning Nov 9.
• Preview Night – Thur Dec 3: All tickets $5
• Opening Night/Meet-the-Artist Reception – Fri Dec 4: $25
• Weekend Shows: $20 / $10 Youth/Student
• Weeknight Shows: $12 / $5 Youth/Student
• Season Passes accepted for all shows
• Military/Senior (62+) Discount – $2
• Theater Insider Night* Discount Ticket Sun Dec 13 only – $12
(* Open to everyone. Theater Insider discount tickets may be purchased by actors, directors, designers, crew working on recent/current/upcoming theater productions — for the Sun Dec 13 show only.)