brownsville song (b-side for tray)
by Kimber Lee
Regional Premiere: Feb 25 – Mar 12, 2016
Directed by Jeff Storer
Assistant Directors: JaMeeka Holloway-Burrell, Drina Dunlap
“The sea rises, the light fails, lovers cling to each other, and children cling to us. The moment we cease to hold each other, the moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out.” — James Baldwin
After an act of senseless violence a family must cope with loss, take strength from each other, and struggle to find a reason for hope. The breakout hit of the 2014 Humana Festival, brownsville song is a moving new drama by an exciting young playwright.
Featuring: Lakeisha Coffey, Wanda B. Jin, Ron Lee McGill, Gabrielle Scales, Lazarus Simmons
Image: “Crying”, by Cosmo Whyte, from the book I Will Love You Everywhere Always by Renée Alexander Craft
Produced with season support from the Duke University Department of Theater Studies, the North Carolina Arts Council, and the Durham Arts Council.
• Thur-Sat Feb 25-27 – 8:15
• Sun Feb 28 Matinee – 2:00
• Thur-Sat Mar 3-5 – 8:15
* Sun Mar 6 Evening – 7:30 (Theater Night) *
• Wed-Sat Mar 9-12 – 8:15
Buy Tickets Online
• Preview Night – Thur Feb 25: All tickets $5
• Opening Night + Reception – Fri Feb 26: $25
• Weekend Shows: $20
• Weeknight Shows: $12
• Season Passes accepted for all shows
• Military/Senior (62+) Discount – $2 off regular ticket
• Youth/Students – $10 weekends, $5 weeknights
* Theater Night Sun Mar 6 is open to everyone at regular weekend prices, however if you are working on an area show this season as actor, director, designer, crew, or staff, you qualify for the $12 Theater Night Discount Ticket (maximum 2 per order). When you attend, please tell us the name of the show(s) in order to pick up your ticket(s).