SUMMER FUNDRAISER CAMPAIGN: UPDATE
Our summer fundraiser seeks to raise a total of $20,000 – and thanks to many very generous supporters, we have already raised over $14,000 – that’s over two-thirds of the way to our target. But we need your help to get there.
In our just completed 2015-16 season, we produced four powerful new plays – Mr. Burns, The Tramp’s New World, brownsville song, and The Nether – that were only possible because of donor support from friends like you. We want our 2016-17 season to be even more exciting – and we hope you will be a part of making that happen.
Please join our campaign today and make a donation at whatever level you can afford.
Why to Donate
Since 1987, Manbites Dog has produced and presented some of the best theater in the Triangle. That’s over 150 one-of-a-kind shows – more than 2,000 performances, employing hundreds of talented and committed local theater artists, with a loyal and supportive audience now totaling over 120,000 attendees. The upcoming 2016-17 season – our 30th – will continue our mission of presenting new plays and playwrights, and working with an ever-growing family of actors, designers, directors, and technicians.
Along the way, we’ve also been a pioneer in the renaissance of downtown Durham. Our building, which opened in 1998, has been a major catalyst for — and the epicenter of — an exciting and revitalized neighborhood.
That’s something worth celebrating. And it’s something we think is worth supporting. Part of our income comes from ticket sales and grants. For the rest, we rely on private donations. Your gift supports the costs of producing and presenting an exciting range of theater and theater artists. None of it is possible without you.
Please consider becoming a Manbites Dog supporter today with a tax-deductible donation at whatever level you can afford.
Thank you for your continued support. We hope to see you soon at Manbites Dog.
HOW TO DONATE
- Check (preferred) to Manbites Dog, PO Box 402, Durham NC 27702
- Credit Card on our online donation page
- Sustainer monthly/quarterly donations scheduled as recurring payments through your bank.
- Phone 919.682.3343. Leave a message, we will call you back.
- In person, when attending a performance.
- Stock donation – contact us to arrange it.
- Does your employer match donations? Be sure to fill out a matching form.
Some things donations help pay for:
- Sponsor the talent – $5,000 (actors, designers, and crew per show)
- Dress up a show – $2,500 (sets, costumes, lights per show)
- Keep it cool/warm/illuminated – $1,500 (monthly utility bills)
- Promote the show – $1,000 (printing cards, flyers, banners)
- List who’s who – $250 (print programs for one week’s performances)
- Keep us online – $100 (three months website hosting)
- Keep it quiet – $25 (buys free audience cough drops for one year)
Email us at email@example.com, or call 919.682.3343.