Carly Prentis Jones, Derrick Ivey, Marcia Edmundson, Geraud Staton, Julie Oliver, Michael Brocki,
Lormarev Jones, Bart Matthews, Emily Levinstone in Mr. Burns, a post-electric play; Photo by Alan Dehmer
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $10,000 by the end of December.
AMOUNT RAISED TO DATE: $12,755 (as of January 4)
Thank you to everyone who participated in the fundraiser and helped us exceed our $10,000 goal. (Missed the deadline? No problem – you can send in a donation any time!) We look forward to seeing all of you at Manbites Dog in the new year.
The year is drawing to a close, and as always at the mid-point of our season we ask for your support. Our goal is to raise $10,000 in individual donations by the end of December.
Individual donations help fund the shows we stage each season. Shows like the North Carolina premiere of Anne Washburn’s astonishing Mr. Burns, a post-electric play in October, and Rob Jansen’s funny and moving work The Tramp’s New World – running through December 19.
And coming up in the new year, two more North Carolina premieres: brownsville song, a moving drama about a family facing a tragic loss and struggling to find a reason for hope; and The Nether, a disturbing near-future thriller about technology and human desire.
But none of these shows can happen without you.
Why to Donate
Since 1987, Manbites Dog has produced and presented some of the best theater in the Triangle. That’s over 150 one-of-a-kind shows – more than 2,000 performances, employing hundreds of talented and committed local theater artists, with a loyal and supportive audience now totaling over 120,000 attendees.
Along the way, we’ve also been a pioneer in the renaissance of downtown Durham. Our building, which opened in 1998, has been a major catalyst for — and the epicenter of — an exciting and revitalized neighborhood.
None of this would have possible without the generosity of people like you.
Thank you for your continued support. We hope to see you soon at Manbites Dog.
HOW TO DONATE
- Check (preferred) to Manbites Dog, PO Box 402, Durham NC 27702
- Credit Card on our online donation page
- Sustainer monthly/quarterly donations scheduled as recurring payments through your bank.
- Phone 919.682.3343. Leave a message, we will call you back.
- In person, when attending a performance.
- Stock donation – contact us to arrange it.
- Does your employer match donations? Be sure to fill out a matching form.
Some things donations help pay for:
- Sponsor the talent – $5,000 (actors, designers, and crew per show)
- Dress up a show – $2,000 (sets, costumes, lights per show)
- Turn the lights on – $1,500 (utilities, building upkeep per month)
- Keep the doors open – $1,000 (monthly mortgage payment)
- List who’s who – $250 (print programs for one week’s performances)
- Keep us online – $100 (three months website hosting)
- Keep it quiet – $25 (buys free audience cough drops for one year)
Email us at email@example.com, or call 919.682.3343.
Image: Daniel Hedglin, @DHedglin / #DrawThisTown