Money is the secret identity of many things, but never itself. An identity so secret it can’t be called an identity… When I ask you for money, I’m not asking you for money. Remember that. I’m asking that a certain other reality come to be. A play with players and one would hope an attentive audience. The play’s the real stuff.
— Ariel in Spirits to Enforce (Photo: Alan Dehmer)
JOIN OUR MID-SUMMER FUNDRAISER
We may not look our age, but Manbites Dog Theater turns 27 this year. Since 1987, we have produced and presented some of the best theater in the Triangle. That’s over 150 one-of-a-kind shows – more than 2,000 performances, employing hundreds of talented and committed local theater artists, with a loyal and supportive audience now totaling close to 120,000 attendees.
Along the way, we’ve also been a pioneer in the renaissance of downtown Durham. Our building, which opened in 1998, has been a major catalyst for — and the epicenter of — an exciting and revitalized neighborhood.
That’s something worth celebrating. And it’s something we think is worth supporting. Part of our income comes from ticket sales and grants. For the rest, we rely on individuals like you.
Our goal: $10,000 to help pay our bills over the summer, and to prepare for our new season opening in September. As of August 1 we have already raised over $8,000. If you value the work we do, please join our team by making a tax-deductible gift today, at whatever level you can afford.
HOW TO DONATE
- Check (preferred) to Manbites Dog, PO Box 402, Durham NC 27702
- Credit Card on our online donation page
- Sustainer monthly/quarterly donations on our Razoo donation page.
- Phone 919.682.3343.
- In person, when attending a performance.
- Stock donation – contact us to arrange it.
Does your employer match donations? Be sure to fill out a matching form.
Some things donations help pay for:
- Sponsor the talent – $5,000 (actors, designers, and crew per show)
- Dress up a show – $2,000 (sets, costumes, lights per show)
- Turn the lights on – $1,500 (utilities, building upkeep per month)
- Keep the doors open – $1,000 (monthly mortgage payment)
- List who’s who – $150 (print programs for one show)
- Keep it quiet – $25 (buys free audience cough drops for one year)
Email us at email@example.com