SUMMER FUNDRAISER COMING SOON
Manbites Dog’s 2015-16 season is drawing to a close, and it has been a remarkable one, presenting powerful new plays (Mr. Burns, The Tramp’s New World, brownsville song, The Nether) by exciting young playwrights.
And we’re already planning for our 2016-17 season – our 30th! We can’t announce anything yet, but we have some wonderful projects in the works and we hope you’ll be a part of making them happen.
Next month we will begin our summer fundraiser, asking for your support as we prepare for next season. Individual donations help fund the shows we produce each year, they truly wouldn’t be possible without you.
The summer fundraiser doesn’t officially begin for a few weeks (watch for the announcement in mid-May). But if you don’t want to wait, you don’t have to – donations are welcome any time – we would love to begin the fundraiser with a substantial amount already raised. See below for information on how to make a donation.
Why to Donate
Since 1987, Manbites Dog has produced and presented some of the best theater in the Triangle. That’s over 150 one-of-a-kind shows – more than 2,000 performances, employing hundreds of talented and committed local theater artists, with a loyal and supportive audience now totaling over 120,000 attendees.
Along the way, we’ve also been a pioneer in the renaissance of downtown Durham. Our building, which opened in 1998, has been a major catalyst for — and the epicenter of — an exciting and revitalized neighborhood.
None of this would have possible without the generosity of people like you.
Thank you for your continued support. We hope to see you soon at Manbites Dog.
HOW TO DONATE
- Check (preferred) to Manbites Dog, PO Box 402, Durham NC 27702
- Credit Card on our online donation page
- Sustainer monthly/quarterly donations scheduled as recurring payments through your bank.
- Phone 919.682.3343. Leave a message, we will call you back.
- In person, when attending a performance.
- Stock donation – contact us to arrange it.
- Does your employer match donations? Be sure to fill out a matching form.
Some things donations help pay for:
- Sponsor the talent – $5,000 (actors, designers, and crew per show)
- Dress up a show – $2,500 (sets, costumes, lights per show)
- Keep it cool/warm/illuminated – $1,500 (monthly utility bills)
- Promote the show – $1,000 (printing cards, flyers, banners)
- List who’s who – $250 (print programs for one week’s performances)
- Keep us online – $100 (three months website hosting)
- Keep it quiet – $25 (buys free audience cough drops for one year)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 919.682.3343.
Image: Daniel Hedglin, @DHedglin / #DrawThisTown