A stage space has two rules: (1) Anything can happen and (2) Something must happen.
— Peter Brook, The Empty Space
***UPDATE: In the first four weeks of our Summer Fundraiser campaign, following the initial $20,000 in seed donations, we have raised an additional $16,000. As of June 30, our fundraising total is $36,000 – which means we are only $4,000 away from our $40,000 goal. We are almost there, but we need you to push us over the top. If you have not already joined the campaign, please do so today. It’s easy to do – see below for details – and it makes a huge difference for Manbites Dog. Thank you in advance for your support.***
SUMMER FUNDRAISER NEWS
June 1, 2015:
Our end-of-season Summer Fundraiser is just starting, and already we have some great news!
At the beginning of June, two major donations, each for $10,000 have were made in support of Manbites Dog – one from Barbara Dickinson and Michel Tharp, and one from an anonymous donor – for a total of $20,000.
Both donations came with a stipulation – that we use them to jump-start our current campaign by setting a total fundraising target of $40,000 between now and July. And thanks to their generosity, we were already halfway to that goal.
This level of support will be a huge help in covering our ongoing and upcoming expenses, as well as helping us prepare for an amazing 2015-16 season at Manbites Dog. But we can’t make it happen without your help.
Why to Donate
Since 1987, Manbites Dog has produced and presented some of the best theater in the Triangle. That’s over 150 one-of-a-kind shows – more than 2,000 performances, employing hundreds of talented and committed local theater artists, with a loyal and supportive audience now totaling over 120,000 attendees. The upcoming 2015-16 season – our 29th – continues Manbites Dog’s mission of presenting new plays and playwrights, and working with an ever-growing family of actors, designers, directors, and technicians.
Along the way, we’ve also been a pioneer in the renaissance of downtown Durham. Our building, which opened in 1998, has been a major catalyst for — and the epicenter of — an exciting and revitalized neighborhood.
That’s something worth celebrating. And it’s something we think is worth supporting. Part of our income comes from ticket sales and grants. For the rest, we rely on individuals like you.
Please join us in continuing that mission by sending a tax-deductible gift today, at whatever level you can afford.
Thank you for your continued support. We hope to see you soon at Manbites Dog.
HOW TO DONATE
- Check (preferred) to Manbites Dog, PO Box 402, Durham NC 27702
- Credit Card on our online donation page
- Sustainer monthly/quarterly donations scheduled as recurring payments through your bank.
- Phone 919.682.3343. Leave a message, we will call you back.
- In person, when attending a performance.
- Stock donation – contact us to arrange it.
- Does your employer match donations? Be sure to fill out a matching form.
Some things donations help pay for:
- Sponsor the talent – $5,000 (actors, designers, and crew per show)
- Dress up a show – $2,000 (sets, costumes, lights per show)
- Turn the lights on – $1,500 (utilities, building upkeep per month)
- Keep the doors open – $1,000 (monthly mortgage payment)
- List who’s who – $250 (print programs for one week’s performances)
- Keep us online – $100 (three months website hosting)
- Keep it quiet – $25 (buys free audience cough drops for one year)
Email us at email@example.com, or call 919.682.3343.
Image: Daniel Hedglin, @DHedglin / #DrawThisTown